At the heart of the collection, a boned corset foundation creates the iconic hourglass Versace silhouette.
Key pieces and signatures include:
- A black fitted Grain de Poudre “DV” pant suit. The go to uniform of the House’s Chief Creative Director, Donatella Versace.
- The perfectly cut black jersey dress with Medusa ‘95 medallion detailing on the straps, inspired by the Atelier Versace collection of Spring 1995.
- A sculpted bustier corset, worn with jeans or under tailoring. The new tank top.
- A butter soft black leather blazer.
- The clean lines and geometric pattern of the “Greca Goddess” mini bag.
“I will wear every piece in this collection and have worn similar for decades. These luxurious wardrobe essentials fit perfectly and showcase the beautiful and powerful simplicity of our silhouette. The multi-faceted and inspirational women we dress, talk about how Versace makes them feel: considered, confident and stunning. Just as an Icon should feel.” says Donatella Versace.
The collection launches in stores and on Versace.com on 3 April.
The image campaign focuses on icons of the extraordinary dressed for every day, portrayed by the actor Anne Hathaway and singer Chris Lee in portraits by the photographers Mert and Marcus.